Labour & Immigration Registration
Each emirate in the UAE has their own Department of Naturalization and Residency to take care of immigration, visa, and entry permit related issues, search for and apprehend overstayers and illegal immigrants, or issue and renew UAE passports for UAE nationals. Resident expatriates with a UAE residence visa (or permit) that allows them to live in the UAE for a period of time (usually 3 years between renewals, sometimes 1 year). For all issues to do with permission to visit and/or live in the UAE, contact the relevant immigration office in the emirate in which you live or plan to live. If visiting the UAE, contact the immigration office of the emirate in which you expect to arrive. Note that Al Ain is not an emirate, it is a city in the emirate of Abu Dhabi. Note also that although immigration rules are federal, they are not applied consistently in each emirate
Sharjah especially seems to do their own thing. Immigration Departments are UAE government offices so that means they will be staffed predominantly by UAE nationals. Being able to speak Arabic is, therefore, a bonus but most or all officials that deal with the public will also speak some English. For most expatriates coming to work in the UAE, their company PRO will be dealing with all the paperwork anyway and will sort out the residence visa without you needing to visit the immigration department.
We provide Free Consultation For Help Your Business
- The company must first be incorporated and have a valid trade license issued.
- The first step is to apply for a Ministry of Labour quota for employees of the company. The interested profession of the intended employees and their basic personal details.
- The quota process is not an exact science, it can take anywhere between one to five working days to receive the approval.
- The next stage is to electronically upload all the necessary documents for the Work Permit approval. Higher ranking professional positions will need to be justified by providing notarised and attested educational certificates. The employee’s personal documents will also be needed here, such as photo and passport copies.
- In order to calculate the amount of time this process will take, there are certain considerations in this process, for instance, there are certain nationalities that require extra security and checks. This is the nationality specific and country of birth specific. Also, there are extensive checks regarding UN sanctions lists. Therefore this process can take as little as one day or should the name check come up with the same issues there is really no limit to how long it will take. Most requests are completed well within a ten working days period.
- The entry permit is issued under the title of ‘Residency Permit’; this is then sent to the client if they are abroad at the time or given to the client if in the country and the necessary steps are taken to issue the residency permit to the respective passport. Those processes are as follows;
- The permit holder will need to undergo medical tests in the UAE at designated medical centres; the results can be obtained in 24 hours or up to 72 hours depending upon the urgency of the case and extra fees. There is also a fingerprinting process and photo capture to issue the Emirates ID card, which is mandatory in the UAE.
- Once the medical is complete and has been passed, they need to take insurance.
- Once it is finished the official labour contract between employer and employee is generated and will need to be signed in person.
- The residency visa is then stamped into the passport of the employee and their Emirates ID and Labour Card are sent via post to the designated address.
Visa for employees
Visa for Investors
Visa for spouse & children
Immigration Documents preparation
We Provide Free Consultation
A good business consultant has experience in the business world and comes to you with fresh eyes and a range of experience. While you know the history of your business and how you got where you are. When you’re running your business, it’s hard to step away and take an honest outside look at how you’re doing and whether you’re making mistakes.